You might not know that there are monsters in your kitchen and laundry room that are putting your appliances in danger right now.
The scariest things in our homes can be those things that put our homes in danger.
5 Monsters to beware of in your kitchen and laundry room.
- The lint monster – Lint is one of the top causes for house fires that exist today. It lives inside and behind your dryer, in your wall and sometimes all around your laundry room. Clean your lint filter every load and move out your dryer every once in a while and clean behind and under it. Pull the transition hose off and clean inside it. The transition hose is that metal looking round thing that connects from the dryer to the wall. If you need help, give us ring. We’ll be glad to advise.
- The uncovered food monster – Some of us, every once in a while will stick that piece of food in the fridge that is uncovered. It will create a monster inside your fridge. In fact this type of kitchen monster can gunk up in the inside of your system and can stop your fridge from working properly or amazingly enough cause your refrigerator to leak. Get rid of this thing by covering all the food in your fridge.
- The microwave gunk monster – Do you open that microwave and say yuck? Then you probably have the gunk monster. It will ruin your microwave if you let it, but its simple to get rid of. Just take a glass measuring cup, put water and lemon in it. Put it in the microwave and turn it on 1 minute for every cup. Remove the cup – careful it’s hot! Then wipe down the inside of your microwave.
- The freezer burn monster – Freezer burn ruins lots of food and is simple to get rid of, make sure anything you put in your freezer is in a bag or container that is for the freezer. Also, make sure the door stays closed and you don’t put anything hot in your fridge.
- The self clean oven monster – The SCOM is a very bad monster. If you use the oven self clean with out the proper protection, your oven can literally stop working completely. Here are some tips on not letting that happen.
Get rid of your kitchen and laundry room monsters today!