The Microwave is one of the most used appliances in our homes. The average family uses their microwave at least 5 times each and every day. When that appliance is no longer working it is a pain to get the things done with out this very useful tool.The problem is the way we operate it everyday does things that will stop working faster than intended. In fact I probably could open up your microwave oven today, if I was in your house and tell you how long it would last.
5 Simple Things To Do To Make Your Microwave Out Last Its Current Life Expectancy By 50 %
- Cover your food when you are heating food. The food will splatter all over the microwave and cause both health dangers and a dangerous situation for your microwave oven.
- Use microwave safe items to hold your food. If you use a plate that is not rated for the microwave it can get hot and break causing potential damage. NEVER use metal in the oven it can cause a short and make it where your microwave is
- Wipe down after ever use. – Food not only breaks the microwave oven but makes heating things difficult since you have to heat the stuff on the walls as well.
- Never run your microwave when it is empty. The waves will fill up the space and break the components in your microwave. I recently ran into a client that had to replace their machine due to this happening. It breaks my heart when I can not help my client protect their appliances and make them last longer.
- Clean the microwave before you use it. – Running a microwave that is dirty regularly will does a few things including lowering life expectancy. I would recommend you clean it a minimum of one time a week and wipe it down after every use.
Your Microwave Oven will simply last longer if it is cleaned and maintained properly. It’s pretty simple, a clean appliance will out last a dirty appliance at least by double.